We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Widener University - Delaware Description:
Located just outside of Wilmington, Delaware, this campus of Widener University was built in 1976. It is primarily a Law School (the majority of students are graduate students studying Law), but offers other degrees and programs as well. Popular undergraduate majors include general studies, information science, and paralegal fields. The university has additional facilities in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and Chester, Pennsylvania. Academics are supported by a healthy 9 to 1 student / faculty ratio, and the small school size provides students with a personalized and individual course of study. Campus life is active with many student clubs and organizations to choose from, including academic honor societies, activism/political clubs, and recreational sports. Wilmington, with a population of around 70,000, offers students cultural and city-life experiences; students get the opportunity to study in a small community, while still being close to a vibrant city center. On the main campus, the Widener Pride compete in the NCAA Division III MAC Commonwealth Conference. The university fields 10 men's and 11 women's intercollegiate teams.
Admissions Data (2014):
- Percent of Applicants Admitted: - %
- Widener University - Delaware has open admissions
- Test Scores -- 25th / 75th Percentile
- SAT Critical Reading: - / -
- SAT Math: - / -
- SAT Writing: - / -
- ACT Composite: - / -
- ACT English: - / -
- ACT Math: - / -
- Total Enrollment: 742 (93 undergraduates)
- Gender Breakdown: 13% Male / 87% Female
- 24% Full-time
Costs (2014 - 15):
- Tuition and Fees: $13,410
- Books: $1,200 (why so much?)
- Room and Board: $10,521
- Other Expenses: $5,616
- Total Cost: $30,747
Widener University - Delaware Campus Financial Aid (2013 - 14):
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Aid: 67%
- Percentage of New Students Receiving Types of Aid
- Grants: 17%
- Loans: 67%
- Average Amount of Aid
- Grants: $ -
- Loans: $7,188
- Most Popular Majors: Legal Assistant/Paralegal, Business/Marketing, Information Science, Liberal Arts/General Studies
Transfer, Graduation and Retention Rates:
- First Year Student Retention (full-time students): 100%
- 4-Year Graduation Rate: 50%
- 6-Year Graduation Rate: 50%
National Center for Educational Statistics
If You Like Widener University - Delaware, You May Also Like These Schools:
- Widener University: Profile
- Temple University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Wesley College: Profile
- Rowan University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania: Profile
- Kean University: Profile
- Delaware State University: Profile
- Wilmington University: Profile
- Arcadia University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
- Drexel University: Profile | GPA-SAT-ACT Graph
Widener University - Delaware Campus Mission Statement:
mission statement from //www.widener.edu/about/vision_history/mission.aspx
"Here at Widener, a leading metropolitan university, we achieve our mission by creating a learning environment where curricula are connected to societal issues through civic engagement.
Our mission at Widener includes the following tenets:
- We lead by providing a unique combination of liberal arts and professional education in a challenging, scholarly, and culturally diverse academic community.
- We engage our students through dynamic teaching, active scholarship, personal attention, and experiential learning.
- We inspire our students to be citizens of character who demonstrate professional and civic leadership.
- We contribute to the vitality and well-being of the communities we serve."